Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » UTL_FILE
UTL_FILE [message #113830] Thu, 16 May 2002 11:23 Go to next message
Cynthia Jones
I'm running a P/SQL sql script on the server using UTL_FILE. I'm reading about 40 thousand records from a table which has a long data type and writing this information to a file on the server. The problem is
the program ends with two messages, 'PL/SQL procedure successfully completed' and 'Not Spooling Currently'.
The file is written to the server but only has about
3 thousand records. How can I write more records to the file.
Re: UTL_FILE [message #113831 is a reply to message #113830] Fri, 17 May 2002 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Subhash Roy
: I'm running a P/SQL sql script on the server using UTL_FILE. I'm reading about 40 thousand records from a table which has a long data type and writing this information to a file on the server. The problem is
: the program ends with two messages, 'PL/SQL procedure successfully completed' and 'Not Spooling Currently'.
: The file is written to the server but only has about
: 3 thousand records. How can I write more records to the file.

: I believe there are several documents in the Metalink, that address the UTL_FILE issue. I read them before and will offer you some suggestions after reviewing them. If you like to go the Metalink and enter
: 'UTL_FILE' in the search link, you'll find very useful information there.
Re: UTL_FILE [message #113833 is a reply to message #113830] Thu, 23 May 2002 07:51 Go to previous message
Subhash Roy
: I'm running a P/SQL sql script on the server using UTL_FILE. I'm reading about 40 thousand records from a table which has a long data type and writing this information to a file on the server. The problem is
: the program ends with two messages, 'PL/SQL procedure successfully completed' and 'Not Spooling Currently'.
: The file is written to the server but only has about
: 3 thousand records. How can I write more records to the file.

: I read some documents on UTL_FILE. I found one that may be worth to look at. The document number in the Metalink is 105080.996. However, you didn't mention the Oracle version under which your program was running.
:
Previous Topic: -1012 received after transfering control (XCTL) to another program
Next Topic: Installation and tuning classes.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:27:22 CDT 2024