Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » Re: Oracle on Linux S390
Re: Oracle on Linux S390 [message #99290] Fri, 16 November 2001 03:51
Frank Naude
Hi,

Information from: http://technet.oracle.com/tech/linux/htdocs/devrelease.html

Call to Action: Oracle9i Database for Linux/390

Developer Release August 27, 2001. Oracle has made public its intention to deliver a developer release of Oracle9i Database for the Linux/390 environment. The developer release is intended to gauge customer and developer interest in this emerging environment. The release will support the SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 7 distribution on IBM's S/390 hardware. If you are interested in evaluating Oracle9i Database in this environment and in providing feedback to Oracle, please visit us later to register and complete the accompanying survey. You will then be contacted by Oracle with instructions for obtaining the product and for the method of providing your feedback.

Linux/390 represents a significant departure from the current Intel-based focus of the Linux market. Currently, it is unclear what impact Linux/390 will have on the IT marketplace, but there is every indication that IBM has made a serious commitment to Linux technology on mainframes. Therefore, Oracle is evaluating our customers' needs in this area to determine the appropriate level of support in terms of Oracle server products, tools, and applications.

Should there be a significant demand for Oracle9i Database on Linux/390, Oracle can quickly and easily offer our flagship database at a consistent release level to that available today on Linux/Intel. Oracle continues to demonstrate the technology leadership that has led to its commanding lead in the database market.

Best regards

Frank

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: How long for migration process?
Next Topic: Sending e-mail's with a database procedure
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:51:37 CDT 2024