Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Does anyone have anything good to say about ADF with JDeveloper?
Does anyone have anything good to say about ADF with JDeveloper? [message #681308] Tue, 07 July 2020 02:56 Go to next message
umeshamin
For our next project, management is imposing an Oracle stack top-to-botton. We WILL be using ADF and JDeveloper to build the middleware. Our previous projects have been Spring with Spring MVC.

Everything I've seen or heard of ADF says to stay away at all costs. Is it really that bad? Does it have any redeeming features; will it impress?
Re: Does anyone have anything good to say about ADF with JDeveloper? [message #681310 is a reply to message #681308] Tue, 07 July 2020 03:23 Go to previous message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read the OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use code tags and make your code easier to read

I have not heard anything particularly bad about ADF. What references do you have for your assertion that it is a poor environment? What I can say is that the J2EE framework that has caused me (speaking as DBA) hassles is Hibernate. I do not know if it is Hibernate itself or the way people use it, but it seems to produce applications that use the database in an inefficient manner.
Previous Topic: XML-Element with same Tag
Next Topic: Looking for help. Deliverables in Word and XML
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:17:17 CDT 2024