Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » standard SQL query to benchmark Oracle DB response time (performance) (Oracle 10g)
standard SQL query to benchmark Oracle DB response time (performance) [message #599566] Sat, 26 October 2013 02:47 Go to next message
rc3d
Hi

I wish to run a SQL query and measure elapsed time, then compare the values to other Oracle DBs from other companies. That will give me a feeling if our DB performs well.
For example in UNIX world, you can create a random 4GB file to measure throughput I/O and compare the values (for example 4MB/sec).

I googled about one hour for such SQL code, but didn't find any useful hit. All hits tell me that Oracle performance is a scientific art and not easily measured.

Can you explain? What's the simplest way to compare DB response time from forum members to our own DB? I don't need 100% accurate numbers, I need just a "feeling".

[Updated on: Sat, 26 October 2013 02:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: standard SQL query to benchmark Oracle DB response time (performance) [message #599577 is a reply to message #599566] Sat, 26 October 2013 06:17 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

You can find one the web the code for TPC-C/D/E... standard benchmarks.
And I think you can still find Orion (Oracle I-O Numbers) tool on OTN or MOS

Previous Topic: How To Increase Data Reterival / Insertion Speed
Next Topic: XML/XPath rewrites and plan baselines
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:24:07 CDT 2024