Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » High I/O disk writes (Oracle 10.2g)
High I/O disk writes [message #359919] Tue, 18 November 2008 17:01 Go to next message
Georgette
Not an Oracle DBA but are installing a replication software on AIX 5.3 to replicate the LV's Oracle lives on. We are seing very high volumes of disk writes and are looking for a way to track down the process causing these writes.
Is there a SQL statement that could tell me who/what is causing this? or an AIX command maybe?
Thanks.
Re: High I/O disk writes [message #360412 is a reply to message #359919] Thu, 20 November 2008 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Meade
That is a problem the vendor who sold you the replication package should be able to easily answer for you. Use up some of the support time that should have gone with your contract on it. Or don't pay till they fix it.

Good luck, Kevin
Re: High I/O disk writes [message #360602 is a reply to message #360412] Fri, 21 November 2008 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Georgette
The replication happens at a very low level and does not give any visibility on the data that's moved across.

Here's maybe another question that could help me find the problem:
Does anyone know how to get stats out of the temp tablespace and redo logs? I would like to see what sql statements are producing the most i/o writes to these table.
Re: High I/O disk writes [message #360981 is a reply to message #360602] Mon, 24 November 2008 09:14 Go to previous message
JRowbottom
Have a look at the view v$sql.
That has columns such as disk_reads, buffer_gets, cpu_time ec that will give ou an idea about how the pieces of sql are performing on average.
Previous Topic: Index
Next Topic: Template to capture Details about successful Oracle Performance Improvement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 09:48:23 CDT 2024