Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Performance Issue: Steps that need to take care of (Oracle9i)
Performance Issue: Steps that need to take care of [message #357460] Wed, 05 November 2008 07:05 Go to next message
Olivia
Recently we have moved a few months production data to a new schema in Test environment.
Some of the data were masked to maintain privacy(Say for a particular column Credit card # of datatype varchar2(16), the number was masked like this: 'qryopnegfrnlukji'.In the new schema, we are facing some performance issues like the query which was previously taking 1 or 2 sec is now taking 2/3 minute or at times more than that. We tried for a small date range.

To my understanding, One of the factor is memory space. And What are the other factors that I should look into it? Your suggesions will help a lot.

Regards,
Oli

[Updated on: Wed, 05 November 2008 07:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Performance Issue: Steps that need to take care of [message #357480 is a reply to message #357460] Wed, 05 November 2008 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JRowbottom
What queries?

I see no queries, and no explain plans.

Are these non-existant queries anything to do with this 'masking' of data?

Are you attempting to 'unmask' the data on the fly?
Are these 'masked' columns indexed?

Who knows?

Only you do.
Re: Performance Issue: Steps that need to take care of [message #357890 is a reply to message #357480] Fri, 07 November 2008 01:06 Go to previous message
virmahi
Try gathering data by :

I faced same issue when I exported large data to a new schema. It might help you if the reason is only about data.

EXECUTE DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS (ownname => 'oceoct', degree=>2 , cascade=>true);
Here oceoct is the name of a schema

Regards,
Mahi

Previous Topic: Performance: partition/index not used
Next Topic: Query Tuning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 09:08:36 CDT 2024